- Married to the former Traci Fowler of Northport
- Served on Northport Planning Commission from 2009-2016
- 1988 graduate from Tuscaloosa County High School
- Graduate from the University of Alabama with a B.S. in Civil Engineering
Areas of Interest
- Spending time with wife and friends
- Snow skiing
- Avid fan of Alabama football
- Attends St. Mark United Methodist Church
- Work to enhance the long-term financial stability of the City of Northport
- Support business and retail development opportunities within the City
- Continue to improve the quality of life for our citizens
Function of City Administrator
The City of Northport operates under the Mayor-Council form of government. Under this system, the City Council appoints a City Administrator who acts as the chief administrative officer for the City. In this capacity, the City Administrator works with the Mayor, City Council, City department heads, and City staff to develop and implement policies guiding the City. This general function may take a number of forms including coordination of daily operations and long-range planning of the City, preparation of the annual budget, development and implementation of personnel, financial, and administrative policies, and other actions as required by the Mayor and City Council or by the Code of Ordinances.
Mr. Higginbotham can be reached at [email protected] or by calling City Hall at 205-339-7000.