All of the following services are in the Public Works Department. If you have any questions about these services please call (205) 333-3003.
Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday, 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Garbage (household waste, paper, small boxes) is picked up twice weekly for each residence on either Monday & Thursday or Tuesday & Friday. (see attached map for pickup day)
- Customers must furnish their own cans. Up to three (3) 30 gallon containers are allowed for each residence.
- All garbage, even in cans, must be bagged. Cardboard Boxes are to be set beside the can if they are too large to bag.
- Do not mix garbage & trash for pickup. Trash is to be neatly stacked at the curb, not in the street, gutter, or sidewalk.
- Trash (yard debris, old furniture, appliances, etc) is picked up once weekly for each residence on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. (see attached map for pick-up day)
- All loose trash items (leaves, yard clippings, pine straw, etc) must be bagged.
- Limbs and hedge clippings must be no larger than 8 inches in diameter and no longer than 6 feet in length.
- Debris left by tree surgeons, pulp woodcutters, landscapers, roofers, and/or construction workers will not be picked up.
- In order to assure garbage or trash pickup, customers must have items out by 6:00 a.m.
- Garbage days will remain on schedule. If a garbage day falls on a holiday, it will be picked up on the next scheduled pickup day.
- Trash schedules will normally change to accommodate the holiday. Check the City of Northport website (www.cityofnorthport.org), the Tuscaloosa News, or call the Public Works office near the holiday to find out the schedule
The following services are also in the Public Works Department:
- Right-of-way Mowing, Cleaning, and Landscaping
- Storm Drainage and Potholes
- Street Lighting