The Historic Williamson Cemetery was established in 1887 and is located on 5th Street in Northport, Alabama. The City of Northport is responsible for the care and maintenance of the cemetery. A Williamson Cemetery Board was appointed in September 2012, with Resolution No. 12-131. In 2013, Ordinance No. 1818 was adopted which approved the Williamson Cemetery ByLaws. In August of 2017, the Williamson Cemetery Board members completed the Rules and Regulations for the Historic Williamson Cemetery to protect its beauty. The City Council adopted Ordinance 1940 on October 2, 2017.
The City of Northport's Engineering staff handles general requests, records and deeds, and the processing of burial permits for the Williamson Cemetery.
To download the Williamson Cemetery Rules and Regulations, or a Burial Permit, please visit our forms page and look for the Engineering section.