The City of Northport citizens’ health and safety is our priority. We want you to know the proactive steps we are taking to help protect your health. We are closely monitoring the situation and are mindful of this serious health risk. The City of Northport is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidance to plan for the likelihood of local transmission of the virus that causes Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
Preparing for and responding to disease outbreaks is a routine part of municipal emergency management preparations. In close and continuing consultation with the CDC and Alabama Department of Public Health and our local public health first responders, we are taking an approach to COVID-19 similar to that used for other potential viral threats.
While the overall risk to the local community is still too early to predict, common sense, vigilance, and personal protective measures are critical to staying healthy and preventing further spread of the virus especially in our most vulnerable groups of our community as well as our public health & safety infrastructures. This is a very fluid and ever-changing situation and our efforts will remain deliberate and intentional in helping our citizens understand the information.
Residents should take the following simple steps to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use social distancing (six feet)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid large crowds if at all possible
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with the bend of your elbow or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash then wash or sanitize your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects, high touch points and surfaces using an EPA approved regular cleaning spray or wipe.
Tuscaloosa Area Coronavirus Current Cases
- Number of confirmed cases in Tuscaloosa, County: *2,544 - 7/10/2020
- ADEM Press Release No Need for Alabamians to Worry about Their Drinking Water During COVID-19 Pandemic http://www.adem.alabama.gov/newsEvents/pressreleases/2020/DWCOVID19.pdf
Preventing and Preparing for Coronavirus Disease in the Community
College and University Guidance for COVID-19
K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs
Community/Large Events and Mass Gatherings