Changes to Business, Development, and Utility Customer Services
To help protect the health and safety of our business owners, citizens, and staff, the City will be limiting interactions with customers at City Hall. City Hall will resume normal business hours on Monday, May 18th. City Hall staff will continue taking customers by appointment only and public access to City Hall will also be by appointment only. Please visit https://www.cityofnorthport.org/departments to find a directory for contact information on our staff. We are encouraging all individuals that need assistance with opening a business, operating your business, or starting a development project to please contact City staff via phone, or email. The direct number to City Hall is 205-339-7000. If you have questions about the business license process or tax payments, please email email@example.com. If you need assistance with a building/development project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on specific City applications/processes can be found below:
- The City encourages businesses to submit all business license applications, renewals, and updates electronically or via mail. All forms can be found at https://www.cityofnorthport.org/forms. If submitting electronically, please send all required application documents to email@example.com. The City’s mailing address is 3500 McFarland Blvd, Northport, AL, 35476.
- The City encourages all businesses to submit Sales Tax Reports and Payments online via My Alabama Taxes (MAT). Please contact the Finance Department at 205-339-7000 if you need assistance.
- While walk-in customers are discouraged, we will still accommodate those that are unable to submit business license and/or sales tax payments electronically, or via mail. The City will be providing all forms in the reception area at City Hall-East.
- The City encourages business owners, developers, and engineers to submit all annexation, rezoning, subdivision, site development, and variance applications electronically, or via mail. All application forms can be found at https://www.cityofnorthport.org/forms. If submitting electronically, please submit all required application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City’s mailing address is 3500 McFarland Blvd, Northport, AL, 35476.
- The City encourages all contractors, home builders, and individuals to submit building permit applications to email@example.com. If you have a specific question about our building code and/or building inspections please call 205-333-0207, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a specific question about a property address, Board of Zoning Adjustment cases, Planning & Zoning Commission cases, zoning, etc. please call 205-339-7000, or email email@example.com.
- All Technical Assistance and Predesign meetings will be conducted via conference call and/or video chat. To request a Predesign meeting for your project, please visit https://www.cityofnorthport.org/departments/planning-inspections/preapp_predesign.
Utility Customer Services
UPDATE - Beginning Monday, March 8, 2021, the Water Office lobby will resume normal business hours.
All Water Office transactions will be accepted at the drive-thru window. Please use our drive-thru service Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The Drive-thru is located on the west end of City Hall.
- The walk-up deposit box, located on the west end of City Hall, is available 24-hours.
- If you have business with the Water Billing Office that cannot be handled online, please call 205-339-7024 to set up an appointment.
- The Utilities Department recommends that all businesses that have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic flush their water lines to avoid potential hazards in your water. Flushing plumbing is essential before reoccupying. Flushing water lines and water-using appliances is an easy way to ensure that high water quality is maintained. It moves older water, that has been sitting in the pipes, out of the building, and brings in fresh water. Please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/building-water-system.html to see the CDC's guidelines for reopening buildings after prolonged shutdown or reduced operations.
- The City is canceling public outreach events planned until further notice.
- Police and Fire officers will follow all CDC recommendations. These steps help ensure the safety of both the public and the officers.