- What is the zoning of my property?
Please call 205-339-7000 and ask to speak to a member of the Planning staff. We are working on having a zoning map available on our website.
- When is the deadline to submit applications for the Planning Commission or Board of Adjustment?
- Do I need a permit to install a fence on my property?
Yes, download Fence Permit here.
- Do I need a permit for a storage shed, portable building, carport, or other accessory structure on my property?
Yes, an accessory structure permit application may be found on the Forms page under the Planning and Zoning section.
- Is my home or building in a municipal historic district?
Please call 205-339-7000 and ask to speak to a member of the Planning staff.
- Does my home or building need flood insurance?
Please call 205-339-7000 and ask to speak to a member of the Engineering staff.
- I’d like to do some interior renovations at my house, do I need a permit?
Please call 205-333-3027 and ask to speak to a building inspector.
- Who do I call about someone having tall grass or weeds on their property?
Call the Code Enforcement Officer at 205-339-7000.
- Where can I find the Northport Zoning Ordinance online?
Read the Zoning Ordinance (PDF) on the Planning and Inspections Department page on the City of Northport website.
- Who do I contact about a barking or free-roaming dog?
The Animal Control Officer at the Northport Police Department, 205-339-6600.