City of Northport Garbage Collection
- The City of Northport Public Works Department provides household garbage collection twice weekly.
- Collection days will be Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday. See attached map for further details.
- Garbage must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your pickup day.
- (By 6:00 a.m. from Memorial Day to Labor Day.) The collection truck is on a scheduled route and will pass your residence only once for collection. If garbage is put out late or incorrectly, it will not be collected until the next scheduled pick up day.
- On city observed holidays, garbage collection will be skipped. It will resume on the customer’s next scheduled collection day. Before and after holidays, trucks will be located at 1781 Harper Road (Public Works) for drop-off of customer’s overflow garbage, if needed.
- Garbage is defined as household food, paper, and boxes. Boxes should be broken down if possible, or smaller boxes placed within larger ones. All plastic or paper packing materials should be placed in a box or bag and taped to prevent scattering. Electronics such as microwaves, and computers, etc. should be placed next to the garbage for collection.
- Everything in your garbage can must be bagged.
- Customers must furnish their own cans. Each customer may have up to three 35 gallon containers. Containers larger than 35 gallons will not be emptied.
- Do not mix garbage with trash. Different trucks are scheduled to pick up garbage vs. trash. Please do not place any trash in your cans.
- For safety, do not put loose, broken glass, needles or any sharp objects in bags. Enclose these items in a box or other rigid container before placing them in with the garbage.
- Please be sure your cans are not blocked by any vehicles.
- Businesses needing more than three 35 gallon containers, twice a week, will be required to contract with an independent waste hauler for a dumpster. Upon presenting a receipt as “proof of service” to the Water Works Office, charges for collection can be removed from the customer’s bill.
- Garbage containers should be removed from the street by 7:00 am the next day after collection.
- Charges for sanitation collection services will be included in the monthly water bill.
- For customers who are physically unable to carry garbage to the curb, the city can provide back door service.
- If you have failed to follow any of these conditions your garbage may not be collected.
For questions or complaints please call the Public Works Department at 333-3003.
Black Warrior Solid Waste
3301 Landfill Drive
Coker, AL 35452
Will accept garbage and trash for a fee.
City of Northport Trash Collection
- The City of Northport Public Works Department provides residential trash pick up once weekly.
- Collection days are Monday through Thursday, see attached map to determine specific area collection days.
- Trash must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your pickup day.
- (By 6:00 a.m. from Memorial Day to Labor Day.)
- On city observed holidays, trash collection will be pushed forward by one day.
- Trash is defined as limbs, leaves, grass clippings, pine straw, furniture, appliances, small trees, etc.
- The city does not provide trash collection for businesses or commercial customers.
- It is unlawful to throw, sweep or otherwise deposit trash or rubbish in any sewer, gutter, drainage way, street, sidewalk, or vacant lot.
- Leaves, pines straw, and grass clippings must be bagged.
- Limbs and hedge clippings must be no larger than 10 inches in diameter and no longer than 6 feet long. Stack neatly near the curb, but not in the street, gutter or sidewalk. Avoid placing by a mailbox, utility poles, fire hydrants or under low power lines or anything that will obstruct the use of equipment. No stumps or large tree trunks will be picked up.
- No paints, batteries, oil, etc. or hazardous materials will be collected.
- Do not mix garbage with trash. Different trucks are scheduled to pick up garbage vs. trash.
- Any building debris such as scrap lumber, plaster, roofing, concrete, etc., that has been left as a result of construction, repair, remodeling, demolition, tree services or landscaping that was performed by a private contractor shall be the responsibility of the contractor or resident to dispose of properly.
- If you have failed to follow any of these conditions your trash may not be collected.
For questions or complaints, please call the Public Works Department at 333-3003.
Cypress Creek Landfill
6315 12th Avenue E
Will accept trash only for a fee.