The Northport Storm Water Management Plan summarizes the procedures used by the City to prevent the pollution of storm water runoff in its jurisdiction and thus protect the water quality of local streams and lakes.
As part of Northport’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Phase II General Permit (NPDES # ALR040017), the City must “develop, implement, and enforce a Storm Water Management Program (SWMP) designed to reduce the discharge of pollutants from your small MS4 to the maximum extent practicable (MEP) to protect water quality and to satisfy the appropriate water quality requirements of the Clean Water Act.”
- Public Education and Outreach on Stormwater Impacts
- Public Involvement/Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control
- Post Construction Stormwater Management
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
To report an illicit discharge, siltation from erosion, or to discuss any concern relating to storm water run-off, please contact the City Engineer’s office at (205) 339-7000.
- 2017 MS-4 Stormwater Management Program Plan
- 2016 Storm Water Management Annual Report
- The Tuscaloosa Area Stormwater Management Plan
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM)
- Alabama Handbook for Erosion Control, Sediment and Stormwater Management
- Alabama Low Impact Development (LID) Handbook